Your bag is still empty
Vegetable tempura are bite-sized pieces of vegetables that are then passed through tempura batter and deep-fried. This way, everyone likes vegetables! Serve the vegetable tempura with this spicy dip sauce for a real taste explosion. You can make the tempura with any kind of vegetable you like!
- 4 different kinds of vegetables (e.g. broccoli, eggplant, cauliflower, asparagus, green beans, carrot, zucchini, bell bell pepper or mushrooms, altogether about 600 g)
- 150 g self-rising baking flour or wheat flour + a little baking powder
- 50 g corn flour, rice flour or cornstarch
- 500 ml ice-cold sparkling water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 100 ml rice vinegar
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- Cut the vegetables into strips the thickness of a French fry.
- In a bowl, mix the corn flour, rice flour or cornstarch together with the wheat flour and a pinch of salt. Then pour in the cold sparkling water and whisk until all the lumps are dissolved.
- Next, heat a pan with oil or deep fry to 180 degrees. Pass the vegetable strips through the batter in small portions, and deep-fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Then drain the fried strips on kitchen paper and finally sprinkle with some salt to taste.
- For the dipping sauce, mix together the sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sambal to taste to make a dipping sauce. Serve the tempura warm with the dipping sauce on the side.